Monday, May 4, 2009

Settling In

So far so good. We've unpacked alot of stuff, still need to haul all my plants and canned goods here, its nice and quiet here and my latest addiction is playing Farm Town on facebook.

To start this post off, I am sitting here on my hands waiting for some eggs and butter to warm up to room temp. My goal for today is to bake a Butter Pound cake from scratch, and of course the stuff needs to be room temp.

But I am hungry and impatient! LOL I havent had pound cake in....a year? maybe more. Being in a gluten free household I usually feel too guilty having something so delicious in the house that my poor husband can only look, sniff, and sadly admire from afar. BUT I figure if I can learn how to properly make one from scratch I can then learn how to convert the recipe using gluten free flour to make something yummy for my wonderful man without paying $6 for a tiny bag of GF pound cake mix.

And so, I must make the noble sacrifice of baking a regular old fashoned pound cake only I can eat this first time around. *fights to keep a straight face* The kids? oh yeah, they don't like pound cake.

( looks around)

I'm going to tell them theres vegetables in it.

muaw hahaha

I'll try and take photos if I remember so I can document my success or failure.

2 comments:

ChristyACB said...

::laughs:: Oh yeah, the brocolli and eggplant pound cake! Glad the move is going well.

Sinfonian said...

I'm glad to see you back at it and equally happy you're settling into your new home. I can't wait to see the patio transformation into your little garden of paradise! Think Topsy Turvy planters for your vining tomatoes, cukes, etc. Then think SWCs galore and cram them full of veggies. My brother uses a windowbox planter for lettuce and it lasts all year long. You can move it to cool shade if need be there. Plant EXTREMELY Close together. Just a thought.