Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm in the newspaper!

Sorta, theres a little blurp about the talk I'm going to do at the Upland Public Library:

http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_11796882

http://uplandpl.lib.ca.us/asp/Site/Library/Programs/details/index.asp?ID=137

eeeeek!

I'm frantically compiling notes, working on a powerpoint presentation and was lying awake at 4 am when I had this amazing idea to put samples of different potting mediums in quart mason jars for people to shake/view/compare growing mediums as I explain them. Brillant! I figure I could do that as well for perlite and vermiculite. Also good for comparing "good" potting soil vs the "cheap" potting soil that doesnt drain well and kills your plants.

I just hope that I can speak clearly and reasonable enough to make sense to people. When I get excited I tend to start babbling in hobby jargon and lose people.

1 comment:

Sinfonian said...

Wow, that's great! Glad you're starting off right with the volunteering. Good luck and just talk what you know. It will go fine!